Wednesday, November 3, 2010


Amanda here =)

Well as you know we aren't that amazing at blogging. Today is a very special day, it's my Mom's birthday!! I figured this is a perfect opportunity to use this wonderful blog to share about what an amazing woman she is.



My mom is my best friend. It hasn't always been this way. Through the ages of 12 and 15, I was a walking terror. I was running after the world hard and having "fun". All though I wanted nothing to do with her, she wanted everything to do with me. And I was not happy about it. She pursued me with all the strength the Lord had given her. She basically never trusted me, which was very wise. She continually would check up on me and try to talk to me and seek me out. I hated it. I hated the fact that she always had to be involved. I hated even more that she was always right when she would confront me on what I was up to. I hated that she would tell me no. She loved me so much, that she cared more for my soul than she cared about what I thought of her. She knew that challenging me to do things God's way and not the worlds way, would make me dislike her. Glorifying God was more important to her, then having my approval. There were tough times, lots of fighting, screaming, arguing and crying. She took her calling as a mother seriously, she knew that this time in my life she couldn't always be my "buddy" but had to parent me.



I am now eternally grateful for the sacrifice she made for me in my teen years. Thankfully God has saved me! I am so happy God used my mom in my life for his purposes. It grieves me how much I hurt her and how many times she would go to bed crying. Now we are best friends and are able to have a biblically based mother-daughter relationship. I am provoked by her daily example of laying down her desires to serve others. Ever since I was ten she always had me serving at the church, for mothers with kids, conferences, and at home. I love her so dearly and I am privileged to be her daughter.


We are now watching my dad suffer with ALS, it has been more than difficult and testing. However watching my mom earnestly seek the Lord daily and seeing her grow in her love for her Savior is such a blessing. God is strengthening our friendship even more through this trial and I am undeserving to have such a wonderful best friend. Thank you Lord for giving me such an amazing example and for giving her life. Happy birthday mama!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Amanda that was an amazing testimony about an amazing women!!!!! Thank you for sharing that!! Happy Birthday Kathy and all of my love and prayers to you!!
    Lolly
    one of the Philly Girls:)

    ReplyDelete